I got July/August's electric/water/waste/trash bill yesterday. As expected, my electric was up a bit, since we had some weeks of record heat and used the upstairs air conditioner all day twice, but it was still under what I've seen as average-- $85. A $20 increase for one month is not bad.

Now that I've decided to turn off the air conditioners for the season (barring any extreme temperature changes or high humidity), I expect next month's will be back down again.

And for the record, the total-- $121, is still under budget ($125), so we're doing good.

And since I've now paid off last winter's gas bill (and have been paid off for a month), any further payments on the budget billing system will credit my account. At the moment, I have $113 credit. This next payment will put me at a "free" month of gas for winter, and I'm hoping to be able to have a credit of at least another month's worth of gas before we have to turn on the boiler. So this winter's not looking too bad, bill-wise, so far.

I am cleaning the entry room today. I've already made a dent by taking out a bunch of garbage. Rumpke is going to hate me tomorrow morning, but I can't say I'm not getting my money's worth! (I pay $7.70 a month for trash pickup. I read in the paper that they are going to put a $.25 increase on our bills in the near future because of fuel costs. I have no problem with this, because it's still cheap-o. (Rumpke is less than three miles away from my house, and I think the Village of Georgetown has an agreement with them for in-town residents.)

Oh, and I am planning to get that removeable caulking strip stuff for my windows so I can block the many, many drafts this winter. I think it will help quite a bit and that the house will be able to retain more heat for a longer period of time. But we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts