I'm in the middle of making Mabel a pillow from scraps of old denim jeans. So far, it's been... interesting. I'm definitely going to have to have a pattern next time.

The kitten just knocked over my favorite African Violet, breaking the pot it's been in for almost two years. I think she got the picture of my fury, however, and hopefully she won't be knocking them over again. (I went through this with Chloe, too. Hopefully, I won't have to go through this with Cleo, who is a girl, btw.) We have had this discussion before.

I really have only a couple of rules in my house:

1. No claws on the window screens (This is so my window screens last a bit longer. They go after bugs, of course.)
2. No knocking over plants (Self-explanatory. Most of my plants are in the dining room, which is off-limits to the four-footed members of the household. The door did get knocked open the other night, however, and someone knocked over my cardboard palm--on the nice clean floor, of course.)
3. Stay off the kitchen counters, and this includes the stove. (The kitchen table, however, is okay, unless we're eating.)
4. No climbing on my antique quilts (The kitten and I are working on this.)
5. No pooping or peeing outside the litterbox (Which you would think would be self-explanatory, but we have occasional accidents.

Is that so difficult?! I try to think I'm a pretty nice person. I love all my animals. But there have to be rules.

(And yes, I know her name is Misty. But when she's in trouble, she's "Kitten!!!!"

Comments

Popular Posts