Well, I'm almost done with the dining room. I have a pile that needs to be taken upstairs, mostly, and a pile from the entry room in the hallway to dispose of, but even with that much left to do, the dining room looks quite nice.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get a pic of before I started! (Oops!)

I actually got a late start--had some monthly issues to deal with this morning and had to wait until the asprin kicked in before I felt well enough to start.

There are some boxes left to go through, of course. But they are (at the moment) disguised as a table for my sister's stereo system (when she moved to Portland, I got her stereo for some reason) and with my dark brown velvet blanket over top of the pile, it actually looks like it should be there.

I had to hook up the TV antenna to the stereo to get anything but the Maysville station, but now all is well. (I'm still listening to the Maysville station, though. Might flip to NPR in a bit here.)

Not sure what I will end up doing with the six typewriters still in the dining room. At the moment, they're sitting in front of the small radiator, which is fine, but I should really find a place to put them. (This is one of the times I miss not having a hall closet (or any closets downstairs, for that matter!)

Thank goodness, though, that the stuff to go through is finite, and since all my stuff (except for the Box, which only has beads and craft stuff in it) is gone from my parents' house, there should be no reason why the dining room--or any room, for that matter--should get so cluttered again.

But don't hold me to that, of course. :)

Comments

Popular Posts