This is crunch week at work. Compounding everything that has to do with the end-of-the-fiscal-year chaos is the fact that we're moving to a new office as of Oct. 1.

No one ever said that Chaos didn't have a sense of humor.

So, don't expect long and involved entries from me until the weekend, at least.

Today I:

1. Successfully mail merged all of our open cases and printed out "WE'RE MOVING" letters to all of our consumers, since it looks like we're really going to be moving Oct. 1 (We were supposed to move in August), which consisted of 826 people. It took 30 minutes for everything to print out. Now comes stuffing envelopes, my least favorite activity.

2. Cleaned out the litterboxes.

3. Bought dog food and cat food.

4. Slammed my thumb and first finger in my car door while taking out said dog and cat food. (Ouch!)

5. Decided to eliminate Sarah Campbell from Heart's Desire. Yes, really. She didn't have a life! I just can't get a handle on her. I never could. I didn't buy the 'town witch' stuff or even 'Past Portraits'. I tried. I really did. It's been years since I wrote the first version of HD, and I've tried ever since to be satisfied with a final version. I thought I might be able to make this one work, but I got 55,000+ words into it and realized that Sarah had gone to sleep at a large climax of the story, and that she was supposed to be the main character? No way.

I have currently replaced her with Sennet, who does have a life, and whose interchanges with Michael, the Hunt, and the Council will be all the more interesting because of it. She is a well-shaped character. Sarah never was. And boy, did I try to make it work.

6. Put away the dishes.

7. Emptied out my car of dog and cat food, stools, and my current project: The Crow's Nest Cat Post.

8. The Crow's Nest Cat Post is a cat tree that I'm making myself. I was browsing them online last weekend, and while I liked what I saw and would love to have one or more around the house, I can't afford $200+ per tree. So I decided I could make my own. I asked Dad if he had any sturdy mailing tubes, and he gave me one that's about 8 feet tall. He has lots more, too. I'm going to either cover it with sisal, jute, or braided strips of fabric (like a rag rug) and make one really tall one (straight up) to go next to the kitty bunk beds (so they can jump off the tree and onto the top bunk) and then make more as I get the supplies. Hahaha.

9. Started rewriting Heart's Desire again. With Sennet's POV. So far, so good.

10. Had a piece of pumpkin pie from Frisch's. Yum, yum, yum.

Comments

Popular Posts