It's funny how productive I am with an office/studio to work out of. When I don't have to use my bed as a place to cut fabric (and how many times have I cut a hole in my bedsheets?) When I've got a table for my sewing machine, extra space for works-in-progress, and an entire room to play in.

You won't get how I feel unless you've been in the same situation I've been in most of my life. I went from a smallish bedroom packed full of stuff to a townhouse in Columbus where my stuff ended up in the basement, back to the smallish bedroom, and now I have a whole house. And a whole big house, at that.

Christmas present Quilt #1 is half done. Not too shabby! And I found a sweater at Goodwill for Ethan's bear (a request, from Ethan, so that will be for Christmas too.) I am also buying Ethan a sewing machine for Christmas, since he wouldn't leave mine alone the other night while I was watching him, and it's never too early to learn how to sew. (It's green, of course, which is his favorite color.)

Mabel's been up here all day, pretty much, except for when I went down the road to run some errands and stop at the Williamsburg Goodwill. No sewing machines this time--but I did pick up the one Mom and Dad got for me--but I found a throw from Target for $6, the sweater for Ethan's bear, and a clock that I thought Dad would have bought anyway. (And some cat toys. And a ball for Mabel. But she, of course, wanted the cat toys.)

The guy from the sewing machine place called and I did decide to go ahead and get my machine fixed. It wasn't going to cost any extra anyway, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow. (After much more thought, I decided that if it costs me $70 every 15 years for a well-used machine, that's really not all that bad.

And I'm in the process of trying to fix my treadle machine. It's out of the case for the moment, because the gears to lower it into the bottom aren't working right. And it needs a new belt, but that's no surprise. I think, however, I can manage to get it to work. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts