Well, the final straw has been reached regarding Mischa. He pooped twice in the tub upstairs (he's been in the 'isolation room' since the last time I had to clean up multiple areas of pee in the house, if you remember), pees in the tub, and then he goes and poops in the litterbox today.

Enough is enough.

I sent him home with Mom and Dad. He will be an outside cat. They only have two, both older neutered males, and 9.5 acres. All he has to do is figure out that he should stay on the right side of the road and he will be fine.

I'm sorry if that sounds callous or mean, but enough is enough. I have been dealing with his problems since two weeks after he got here, and I've had him since January. That's ten months. That's long enough. I feel guilty keeping him in a very small bathroom by himself, and guilty for giving up. But enough is enough.

I will never adopt from a shelter again. I'm sorry, and I'm sure there are well-adjusted cats in shelters. But not a single one of my other cats have issues like he does. There is no way in hell he didn't have those issues before, and they should have said something to me about them. After all, he had been at the shelter most of his life.

In other news, I went back to the auction today. I ended up getting what Dad says is a collectible axe to chop up my squash (I can't remember the name offhand), a little stick shelf, seven more of the cut down Winchester boxes (last night after putting a bunch of yarn in the two I got yesterday, I thought to myself, "Boy, I wish there had been a couple more of those at the auction." Well, I ended up with seven more.), a white graniteware muffin tin, two pictures (one signed, one I didn't want), and I think that was it. Mom bought some stuff as well, including two butcher block cutting boards (one from L.L. Bean!) and Dad didn't get the clock he wanted, but did get two of the others he had his eye on.

We also had a potluck lunch at church, and I made a sweet potato casserole that worked out quite well. It was yummy! And all the food was good, in truth. (And there was just enough food.)

We're going to see Chicken Little tonight, with Ethan. And I'm still not done with the seven bears, although I am a bit closer to finishing.

Of course tomorrow after work (I do have to work tomorrow, darn it all) I have to clean the upstairs bathroom of Mischa's mess, which will not be fun at all, since I'll have to move Hildy's cage off the bathtub. Grrrr.

Comments

Popular Posts