I decided to give in to the urge to bead today, and I'm wearing my creations on both wrists at the moment (to test the typing comfort factor--so far, so good!)

This is Bleu, of course. Crocheted with silk yarn with beaded accents.







The button is from my collection, vintage blue-dyed mother of pearl or paua (sp?) shell. I left the back plain for the typing comfort factor--I used to wear a lot of bracelets on each arm all the time, but over the years my wrists have rebelled.

So far, I'm not uncomfortable wearing either bracelet.




This one named itself while I was beading. It's Forest for the Trees, and is knitted from linen/cotton/acrylic yarn.

The beads on it are lapis lazuli, labradorite, bone, and glass.







The button on the back is also from my collection, and is vintage mother-of-pearl.








I have been trying to figure out a way to combine knitting, crochet and beading for a while. It's not a new idea, but I like the idea of using yarns instead of wire for my creations.

I will be starting up ebay auctions in May, so I'll be working on crafty stuff throughout the month of March. I'm planning to make a lot more of these so I can have an inventory--what do you think? If you're reading this, would you buy something like this? (An informal poll, I guess; I'm really curious so leave me a reply!)

I can attest that they're very comfortable on the wrists.

Comments

Popular Posts