We had a series of big storms last night. Surprisingly enough, we didn't lose power, although Mom and Dad were out for three hours.

I was busy while it was storming. Busy, busy, busy. I took Grey's suggestion and made two brooches (the pins aren't on them yet, because I have to order some larger ones than what I already have.)

Earthbound is on the left and Artifact is on the right. Both are crocheted, with the focal point being a vintage button. I really like how they turned out! (And now I have something to do with my larger vintage buttons!)

















Earthbound is crocheted with vintage wool blend yarn, and has beaded accents of some kind of jasper and labradorite. I am 90% sure the button is bakelite. Artifact is crocheted with maroon lopi yarn, and has beaded accents of flourite, vintage iridescent green/gold beads, and vintage red glass beads. The button is carved mother-of-pearl. (I have two of these buttons, but no more!)

They aren't too small, and not too large, either, I think. And although I should think they wouldn't take as long as the bracelets, they did. *sigh* But I will make more, definitely. They have a nice weight to them, actually.

And maybe even smaller ones that I could make into necklace pendants, too. Hmm.

So that's not all I did yesterday! I made Bekah a bracelet (she requested multicolored, so I made Wildflower Mix in honor of spring.)



The clasp is a large vintage orange plastic button (not bakelite) which I'm not going to post here, because there are too many pictures already and I'm not done yet! Argh!

Anyway, this one is crocheted from silky ribbon yarn (finally I found a use for that stuff!) and has a variety of beads, including moonstone, flourite, glass seed beads, and even plastic beads! It was fun to make. It's also my smallest one yet, at 5 1/2", because my sister's wrist is so small.




I made two more bracelets yesterday too. I will post pictures of them later, because this post is getting a bit picture-large and I don't want to choke blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts