I stopped at the Feed Mill after Sam's to get some seeds. $40 later ($9 of that was a toy for Mabel) I am not quite done buying seeds yet, but I'm close.

I sowed my spinach and lettuce today as well. In short rows--eight rows in the little section. Two of each pack. We'll see if the spinach grows better this year or not.

Here is what I planted:

Mesclun Salad Mix (Ruby & Red Salad Bowl, Green Ice, Paris White Cos, Royal Oak Leaf, Curled Chevril, and Arugula)

Mesclun Spicy Mix (Mighty Red Oak Lettice, Mizuna, Green Curled Endive, Red Giant Mustard, and Arugula)

Bloomsdale Long-Standing Spinach

Select Salad Blend (Crimson Butter, Red Salad Bozol, Iceburg, Bibb, and Lolla Rossa)



Last year, I planted my lettuce and spinach seeds on May 10th. So I'm over a month early this year. Here's to hoping we don't get any more freezes!

When I had finished, I turned to talk to Mabel and stepped on the hoe, which flew up and smacked me right in the space between the knuckles of my middle and ring finger of my left hand.

You can't see it very well in the picture, but it hurts to type, darn it all, and it hurts in general. A lot. Argh!

I have posted Confetti Rose on our local Buy, Sell, Trade list, so I thought I would put a note here that it is for sale for $40 with free priority shipping in the continental USA. (See pics below.) Let me know if you're interested.

And my sister Rebekah said that she would wear one if I made her a bracelet, so I must be doing something right! :)

I'm not sure I'll be able to wait until May to start posting auctions. Argh! Just because I want to see if they sell, not because I desperately need the money.

Comments

Popular Posts