I know it's 8:47, but I still have hopes that I get Meg done tonight. Or, at least, as done as I can get her (meaning arms and legs.) Right now, she has legs. They are cute! But I will wait to post a picture until I'm done with her arms as well.

Mabel and I spent a couple of hours outside this afternoon. I was weeding the flowerbed portion of the garden and trying not to kill my Black Eyed Susan seedlings (lots!) Mabel was chasing wasps and bumblebees, despite my warnings. Last year, she actually tried to eat a bumblebee. Notice I said tried.

My lettuce is coming up. No sign of the spinach as of yet, but I see lettuce seedlings of all three varieties. Yay!

I also dug out the spot I'm planting the poppy seeds in, since poppy seedlings are notoriously difficult to transplant. So I had to figure out where I wanted them permanently. They are going beside the last peony on the west side of the house (right beside the porch. They should look fabulous if they grow okay. So here's to hoping. I won't be planting them for a little while (a week or two) just so I can make sure the weather will stay nice for them.

My grass needs to be mown, too, but I'm not mowing grass this week. Even though both my nextdoor and backyard neighbors mowed their grass this weekend and now mine looks extra long. Oh well!

Comments

Popular Posts