I am almost done with Yolanda, the custom doll. I have been trying to find the perfect fabric for her legs, with no avail so far. I'm going to try Goodwill once more tomorrow, and then think of something else. (I have something specific in mind.)

But oh, she's lovely. I am so pleased with how she is turning out. If she wasn't already sold, I'd want to keep her. Which is a good thing, really, because I know she's going to a great home. :)

I plan on finishing her tomorrow, perfect legs or not. (It's not that it wouldn't be fine--I just have this idea that I think would look very cool. I just can't find any fabric to recycle as of yet.)

So anyway, there she is. Beautiful. If I do say so myself. :)


In other news, yesterday was Burlington. I went with the thought in mind to find a table for the front porch--just a little table that I could stick my Dana on if I had to get up and a drink on, or whatever. And I found one for $10, a nice white painted pine table, nothing fancy.

I also found a park bench for the backyard by the flowerbed for $20, two oak chairs for $10/each, and a Finel teapot for $1. I filled up the back of Dad's van, but I didn't spend all that much money, really.

Today on my way home from work, I stopped at a local place that sells plants and whatnot, just to see what they had. Imagine my surprise when I discovered yet another color of spiderwort--this one a darker purple than the one I have! I mean, this is really dark purple. So now I have six colors. Sheesh. I might as well start a spiderwort farm!

Comments

Popular Posts