Yolanda is done, but I'm going to give her her own post.

It's very hot and humid at the moment--I have both air conditioners running and lots of fans as well, since my rooms back here don't get any of that non-humid air. (When I say the air conditioners are running, I mean they are set on 79-80 degrees, so they're just taking the humidity away, really.

I do think that I might end up getting a small air conditioner for back here--if ones exist that run off regular current. I'm not sure they do, however.

I tied up my tomato plants (well, the ones in the big garden) this evening, and mulched the four extra tomato plants as well as the coreopsis in the flowerbed/garden.

I also ate the first 'fruits' of my garden--fresh baby pea pods on my salad for supper. Yummy! In truth, I'm not sure the peas will make it to ripeness, they were that good. :)

The lettuce is still producing, although all the mesculun (or however you spell that) bolted about two weeks ago. You can still eat it, but it's blooming. I like the blooms, so it can stay for now.

I'm still not sure what I'll end up putting there when the lettuce goes. Maybe dill and basil? I don't know.

I still have to plant the gourds and the sunflowers in front of the front porch. That's on my list for this weekend--hot humid weather or not.

And now, for Yolanda... (well, her post will be above this one, of course.)

Comments

Popular Posts