I picked my first zucchini last year in mid-August.

Of course, I didn't plant the zucchini until July last year, so I'm obviously way early in that respect--I had lettuce early, too, if you remember. That's cool.

The tractor pull people are pardoned for keeping me up until after 11pm last night, because they had a very nice fireworks show this evening, along with more tractor pulls, which are going on now. But they sponsered the fireworks, so maybe they'll come back next year!

We had a great view from the front porch, and Ethan had fun watching them. Mabel stopped barking about halfway through, so that was good--she wasn't freaking out too badly.

It was hot today--the kitchen was 83 when we got home--and it will be hot again tomorrow. But in truth, with a fan, it was tolerable upstairs, so that worked well to keep the heat down a bit.

Today we went to a bridal shower for my cousin Aimee, who is getting married. She has two greyhounds, John and Crystal. I signed my card "Jennifer, Mabel, and the gang." :)

Comments

Popular Posts