It rained! Lovely, lovely, lovely rain. In fact, it's still raining. And it's 69 degrees outside. I will sleep well tonight.

I've been working on Heart's Desire all the long weekend, attempting to get a good chunk of it done. I finished the expanded version of Carrion, which brough HD in its entirety to 83,626. I am looking at 100k to finish it, which is just fine with me.

I started a doll for yesterday, but didn't get very far, since it was far too hot upstairs in the office to work after a while. :( I didn't get her done today either--so I will work on her this week, I promise! Since it rained, though, I do have to mulch and plant just a couple more things that have been waiting patiently on the porch. I planted the zinnias tonight in the rain, just to get them out and done with.

Today, Mom and Dad and I drove down the road to Goodwill, where I got two chairs for out back (this is in addition to the four Mom got Bekah for her b-day, so I think we have enough seating around the house now), two purple outside pillows, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell , which I've been wanting to read but not wanting to pay full price for (it was $1 at Goodwill, which worked), and then we went to Lowes, where Mom and Dad bought me a very early birthday present--a room-sized air conditioner for my 'wing' of the house, since I get no air back here at all.

So I hooked it up and had it on for a while before I left to go eat at their house, and it was actually starting to cool down both my room and my office, with the help of a fan in the hallway, drawing the cold air across. I'm rather pleased that it has a 'Dry' setting as well, for just getting the humidity out--that will be nice, since that's really what I want. And I can use it as a fan too, which will help in the evenings when it's a bit stuffy even with the fans drawing air through the house.

Since we only use the air conditioners on really hot days, I'm not expecting my electric bill to go up very much again this year. I like my open windows far too much for give them up. :)

Comments

Popular Posts