52,282--and the death that I've been working up to for the past few chapters.

Despite the fact that this person isn't technically dead--he is and he isn't--I'm still taking a short break before beginning the next chapter to give him a moment of silence.

I always get a bit teary-eyed when I kill someone, even if I know that person isn't really truly dead.



In other news, it rained so hard at work this afternoon (it started right when I was supposed to leave) that I ended up completely soaked. My dress was dripping. I was dripping, all the way home. It did rain here this morning, but alas, we didn't get the storm.

However, there's a decent chance of rain tonight, and a really good chance tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be more in tune to our actual forecast; I'm not in a very trusting mood when it comes to weathermen at the moment after the 90% rain flub-up.

Oh, and I attempted to make rice milk tonight. I'm not holding my breath, because I found it quite hilarious that my directions said to strain it through cheesecloth when it was the consistency of cheese (okay, maybe cream cheese), but I diluted it with more water and crossed my fingers and am hoping for the best. If milk is going to end up costing $4.50 a gallon (or so!) like they're saying, then I need an alternative for my breakfast granola, because I'm not paying that much for something I only use for cooking and/or on cereal. I very rarely drink milk. Back when I lived in Columbus, I couldn't finish a half gallon without it going bad, because I didn't drink enough. So alternatives would be nice, especially alternatives I can make myself. (And I'm not going to buy one of those soymilk makers.)

Comments

Unknown said…
How do you make rice milk? Almond milk always intrigued me, but it would be much more expensive than even the $4.50/gallon milk.

Popular Posts