I got lost, of course. My Google Maps map let me down.

Well, really, I ended up missing a turn, and going in a huge circle, ending up on the right-named road (that wasn't the right road; I'm still not sure about that one), finding 32, which helped, and finally getting there.

It was a nice drive, though, because while I didn't see any buggies, I did see that most of the Amish houses had their gardens in their front yards! Ha! Vindication! (As if I needed any.)

And their potatoes were blooming too.

There was this really pretty house with a front yard vegetable garden that I wish I could have taken a picture of. And I went home a different way so I didn't get to stop at the Fabric & Notions store or the little grocery store in Unity, so I'll have to stop there next time.

I also saw a very sad little cottage that had the coolest skinny windows all around. They looked to be about half the size of my windows, but just as tall. Very cool. And abandoned. :(

I bought--

--High Gluten flour (quite a bit)
--Dark Rye flour
--Whole Wheat flour
--Poppyseed
--Dillweed
--Dill seed
--Wheat berries
--Raw sunflower seeds (lots and lots! They were cheap!)
--Rolled Oats
--Onion Dill Bread (oh, it's fabulous)
--Caramel Cashew bars (I'm glad I don't live next door to the bakery, let me tell you)
--Lace Swiss cheese, Provolone cheese, Amish butter, and yogurt cheese,
--and probably something else I can't remember.

Everything was very reasonable. I think I spent a total of maybe $45 for everything, and that was a huge bag of the High Gluten flour, too. (17lbs? Something like that.)

But it was really hot and there were no trees anywhere around the complex. I ended up with a blinding headache, so I took a nap when I got home (which helped, but it was hot upstairs) with Chloe on one side and Loki on the other. The whole time. It was so sweet. :)

I'll definitely go back soon, especially to the Fabric & Notions store. That looks like it would be cool.

Comments

Popular Posts