Three flex garbage bags full of nice rotten straw, one tarp full of nice rotten straw, one confused 2 1/2 foot long garter snake, and one ant's nest later, the cistern bed is mulched and most of Ethan's garden is mulched as well.

They might bill those flex garbage bags as extra strong, and perhaps they are, but they barely made it from Mom and Dad's house to my backyard without splitting. Just an FYI.

Some pics:


Happy Birthday Orange Tree!
(I'd post a picture of my sister too so she doesn't feel left out, but I don't have one.)


It's official--a baby round zucchini!


Baby cranberry beans!


Baby Roma tomatoes! How cute.
(Behind them you can see some beet leaves)

The Monster Tomato--it's not quite ripe yet, although it's hard to tell.
I think I'm going to have to pick it so it doesn't split. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts