So You Want to be a Vampire is officially a novel now, clocking in this afternoon at 40,176. The last time I mentioned it in this blog wordcount-wise, it was around 25k, and I think that's where it was when I started it again in May.

It's not going to be anywhere near 45-50k like I thought it would be.

That also means that I've actually gotten a lot written in the past month, so I can be happy about that!

It's morphing into a combination fantasy/mystery like I wanted it to in the first place, and I've learned some interesting things in the process. This is really the first non Beth-Hill book I've written in quite a while. It's refreshing.

And it will have a sequel--I'm pretty sure I can fit in the basis of Transformation into the next book in what might be a sort of series. We'll see about the series part. I'm thinking definitely a trilogy at the least.

What fun!

I don't really have an end-date goal at the moment; it would be nice to finish before my birthday, but we'll see. It's stumped me before, so I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Comments

Popular Posts