I woke up a bit late this morning, but I decided to go work in the garden anyway, since I didn't get everything done last night. So now, all the tomatoes that needed staking are staked, the rest of the peppers and the eggplant are planted (why does it feel weird to type 'eggplants'?) and the radishes have been pulled.

I ended up with two usable black radishes, one quite large. I'm sure it's quite hot, too. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with them.

Last night, I expanded the bed around the cistern (which isn't all the way expanded yet, but that might be it for this year) in preparation for planting my peanuts, some of the herbs, and probably more peppers. I hate to waste the pepper plants.

I also mixed up a load of dirt and potted up three of the Bolivian Rainbow peppers and also some basil. They will look nice on my porch steps. (Oh, and I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said the Bolivian Rainbow was a mild pepper--it's not. Not at all. In fact, it's very, very hot.)

I have parsley left to pot up (in one pot) and then I'll put the rest of the basil and the parsley wherever I can stick them. I also have some peppermint and lemon mint to put wherever, and carrots to sow.

And it's not supposed to rain any time soon. *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts