I have peas!

From the bush peas--the vining peas are a bit slower to bloom, evidently, but I noticed a couple of the vines have buds. I ate one last night, and about six today, right off the bush. Yum.

I'm very glad I planted them in the windowbox this year, because it's so much easier to find them. Last year, they grew all over everything and they were just too floppy and the slugs really liked them too. I'm hoping that in the pot, the slugs won't be able to reach them.

I may plant more of different varieties next year. In truth, my absolute favorites are the edible pod peas, which is what I planted this year, but Seeds of Change doesn't have a huge variety to choose from, but Seed Savers Exchange seems to have a better selection. I really want to try the Asparagus Pea!

My marshmallow plant (really, it's a real marshmallow) is blooming. Last year it was about 3 ft. tall. This year, it's taller than me. Obviously it loves where it is. I'm hoping to get seeds this year so I can start some more, because I really like it.

Comments

Popular Posts