If you're a writer, you'll know what I'm talking about here. If not, insert whatever activity or hobby you really enjoy and you'll know how I feel right now.

Life is hectic. Life is stressful. Most times I don't get as much time as I want to just sit down and write--in silence, without interruption. I end up in chat, or doing two things at once, or stealing fifteen minutes here and there, or whatever.

This morning, I sat down and wrote. And I feel good. :) I feel fulfilled, like I've had a large cup of wonderful tea, or an unexpected surprise. I feel like I could sit and do this for the rest of the day and not look up and not worry about anything else.

Unfortunately, life is going to intrude here in a bit, but I do have an hour scheduled yet, and I do have time scheduled tonight. And I'm going to enjoy every single minute of it, and get some major work done on this story. It deserves my best work, and that's what I'm going to give it.

So far, it's going surprisingly well. At this time, I'm up to 8,625 words, and that's not so bad, considering I just started this smoosh, what was it, Wednesday? So I'm on my fifth day of smooshing. Not bad at all.

More later, I'm sure. I'm going to get dressed now, and refill my tea.

Comments

Popular Posts