I'm using up the rest of the turkey and the stuffing I brought back to make my version of tuna noodle casserole without the tuna or the corn flakes on top. Instead, it has turkey mixed in with the cream of chicken soup and vegan stuffing on top. (I know, I know. What's the point of having vegan stuffing if you're also eating turkey? But it was good vegan stuffing, and Emily didn't take all of it with her.) I'm also eating a salad filled with leafy greens that aren't all iceberg lettuce. (There was a sale on the Dole bagged salads, of course.) I have been trying to eat better. I am under the impression that my pants were a bit looser today. :)

Evidently, the southern part of the state got a lot more snow than we did here. Mom said over 5 inches, and that meant school was out for Jessica today. I'm rather disappointed we didn't get more than we did. The official snowfall was 2 inches, but it was pretty deep on my car this morning. And my feet were nice and toasty warm in my snowboots. Ah, winter.

I don't really mind snow or cold; I just don't like driving in it. My idea of a good winter would be to cozy up in a log cabin for months without having to drive anywhere at all. When I was small, one of my dreams was to be snowbound for at least a week; no school, no work, no way to get anywhere. I thought it would be wonderful. (I still do.) Unfortunately, I was too young to appreciate the blizzard of '77. Or was that '78? Anyway. I will push the thoughts of tunneling through snow higher than me into the background for the time being. Or maybe I just need to move to Connecticut, where I hear they're getting an inch an hour at the moment. Hmm.

Budget Cuts is getting there. I'm still vaguely hopeful about finishing it tonight, but I'm not positive I will. We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts