Well, a short recap of the past couple days...

It seems I should remember doing something on Saturday, but I don't, other than going out to eat with Mom and Dad. I dogsat for friends of the family Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, and also watched the extended version of the first LotR movie. I liked the extended version better. Provided my perm does not take too long, I will go see TTT again tonight with Mom and Jessica.

Oh, yeah. I did rearrange the storage compartment with Mom and Dad Saturday afternoon. That's one thing.

Sunday was the big move-out day, and it was a complete success. We had two mini-vans, one truck, and six people. Thanks to Em, Dad, Uncle Denny, Jess, and Em's Matt for helping out! I was surprised we actually fit everything in the vehicles, but we did, and there is even room left in storage! Oh joyous day.

And then, I return home to discover that my second favorite cat is stuck up a tree and had been there all day long... I tried to talk him down last night, but the dog behind the fence near the tree wasn't giving him any chance to scramble down. Luckily, this morning he's in the garage, safe and sound. (And very hungry.) I didn't really want to have to climb a tree in the rain to rescue him today. (Although I have done that before, when a cat got stuck. And remind me to tell you about the kittens in the garage loft one day...) I guess I owe him a can of food of his own, since I promised him one last night if he came down. :)

Today I'm rearranging things. Bringing the stuff I took out of storage upstairs, and making myself a little office in the back bedroom. My computer's set up, but I can't manuever very well back there yet. Since I'm not that sore from lugging boxes and furniture yesterday (perhaps I'm getting muscles?!) I figure I should be able to set up the office today without much of a problem. Perhaps I'll post a picture when I'm done. :)

As for writing; there hasn't been any in the past few days. I've been busy trying to get things settled, reading my new book, and rereading HD and F&W (again.) Once I get my "office" set up, though, I'm going to post my list of things to do next year, and go from there.

And I'm hoping to hear good news on the job front by the end of this week. *crossing fingers*

Comments

Popular Posts