Well, neither miracle came true today. I won't hear about the job until after the first of the year, and the other one didn't happen either. Darn it!

But, other than a complete and utter panic attack in the middle of the day when I realized how many days I'll actually still be here, I actually got a lot done today. Of course, packing my car today was out when it started to pour, and since it's still pouring, I can only hope I won't have to pack the car in the rain tomorrow. Ugh. But everything to take is stacked in the living room, awaiting better weather.

I've decided that the more I worry about my impending joblessness, the worse I will feel. I have to be positive. I have to look ahead. I have to stay calm and focused.

Mom gave me great advice tonight when I told her I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. She said, "You said you had a list; stick to it!" So that's what I'm going to do. There's some stuff on the list that I can actually do after I'm in Bethel, like clean out my inbox and post some leftover auctions, so I'm just going to wait and do them when I get there. And I'm going to concentrate on getting the rest of the stuff over and done with. In truth, there isn't all that much more to do, which is a good thing, since Monday will be my last full day here.

I just hope everything fits in my car tomorrow... and that it stops raining... I'm aiming to be able to take everything that's left Tuesday and only leaving the big stuff for when we come next Sunday. Here's to hoping everything goes well...

Comments

Popular Posts