Okay, so the test. Geez. I've always hated tests... this one was pretty boring. A typing test (I got 68 wpm, you had to have 50 wpm to pass. On the practice test, I did 78 wpm. Doesn't that figure?) and a fill in the circle test. The math questions were the hardest, since I pretty much exclusively use a calculator when I have to do math, and you weren't allowed to use a calculator on the test. Argh. Not sure if I did very well on the math part.

There were other parts, easier parts, like spelling and office procedure things, and grammar stuff too. The grammar part was difficult in some respects, because on a couple of questions, I didn't like *any* of their choices. It didn't help that as soon as I rode the elevator up to the 28th floor, something dinged in my sinuses and I spent the entire afternoon (until right when I was done shopping) feeling like I was going to fall over or something. It was really weird.

And it didn't take three hours, either. I was back in my car by 2:38.

So now we wait and see. Hopefully they will get back with me soon about the job!

There were two other people there, in the same room, taking the same test for the same job. It was rather weird. Evidently, there was supposed to be one other person there, but she had to reschedule.

And onward...

So since I didn't have to go back to work, I decided to go Christmas shopping. And, for a grand total of less than $100, I got all my Christmas shopping done except for a couple little things I'm going to pick up here and there, and legos for the gift exchange with Dad's side of the family. Out of two stores I went into that had toys, both had no legos. *sigh* So Bekah's supposed to find something for me.

I got two cute dolls for my godchild, Teresa: Anne of Green Gables, and Heidi. They're Barbie-made dolls, and she likes Barbie, but I thought they were cute. Evidently they came out with a line of these dolls (five or six, I think) from different classic novels or series. Cool!

I did spend about $15 on myself. I bought a pair of computer speakers so I can listen to music, and something else I'm not going to mention here just in case I decide to give it to someone else. And I'll probably go back to one of the stores... I got a great idea for some small gifts right when I was leaving.

Now I'm home, warming up fancy tomato rice soup for supper, and trying to get rid of this sinus crap that has had me feeling nasty all day. (Fancy Tomato Rice Soup: Progresso Heart Tomato soup, and instant rice. Yum. Although I am going to say that this soup could easily be used as spaghetti sauce in a pinch.)

Comments

Popular Posts