Oh, and I completely forgot to mention the find of the century (or at least the year) this weekend...

Mom and Dad and I went to Goodwill Saturday morning. I had a run of luck; I found four or five pairs of pants for work (corduroys, khakis, a pair of knit pants and a pair of soft black pants) and a fleece shirt from J. Jill. I always check out the electronics, just in case, because you never know what people will donate. They had a big screen TV there for $200, but it was already sold (and I have no desire to buy one anyway.)

And then they had the printers. My best guess is that some office got new equipment and donated their old stuff to Goodwill, because the printer Dad got was less than a year old. It was $20, a HP 970-something series, and when we plugged it in at Goodwill, everything lit up okay. So Dad took a gamble and brought it home, since the printer they had (my old one) was starting to die. Not only did it work perfectly, the cartridges had ink in them! This particular printer goes for about $250+ new!

Also on the shelf was a HP laserjet printer. Now, I've always wanted one to print manuscripts on, because they're so cost effective. We couldn't figure out where the printer cable went, though, so we left it there, and returned to set up the other printer. I looked it up on the internet (and ebay) and discovered that $30 for this particular printer was a very good deal. (It printed out a test page by itself, and the toner needs to be replaced, but I can get that on ebay for cheap too. And I can get a printer cable on ebay when I'm ready to set it up.) And I found a picture where the cable goes, so I drove back to Goodwill and bought it. Now I am the proud owner of a laserjet printer. :)

Now all I really need is a new monitor, or to find a laptop at Goodwill for $20, and I'll be set.

Comments

Popular Posts