Well, I decided to try to bring TSoR up to length, but I only got about 300 words added last night.

Yesterday at work we had a meeting in the park, amid flying cicadas. I won't say whose bright idea that was, but other than the noise and the two cicadas that got stuck in my hair, it was quite nice outside with the breeze.

Oh, speaking of cicadas, we have one. Yes, one. It sounds really weird to hear it calling in the trees. (I want to make a t-shirt that says "I Live in a One-Cicada Town" or something, just to be mean.)

Oh, and the raccoon had babies, and that's why she was trying to get into the building. She did get in, eventually. And the babies were cute. There are two of them, at least, up in the loft. Which is not a good thing, but there's no way we can get up there to get them out until they leave on their own.

Um. Anything else? I picked most of the one lettuce plant last night for use at supper. This is one of the two plants that grew back from last spring. And my lemon balm is about three feet across in some areas, and my mint is growing... Mom and Dad planted some tomatoes...

And Jessica is graduating from High School this weekend. We're having the party next weekend. Which means we're going to be cleaning the house. I think we have a graduation party to go to on Saturday as well, for Cousin Mindy.

I swear. If there's one thing that makes me feel old, it's seeing all these kids I taught in kindergarten CCD graduating from High School. Sheesh!

Comments

Popular Posts