And while the photo upload via blogger is working, some long-overdue house pics. (You know, I kind of like Netscape's tab feature. Very handy, if off-putting at times!)

This is the formal dining room, with my $45 belgian wool rug, the Eastlake-style table, and Empire-style chairs. It is also the conservatory and home to my plants, and no four-footed family members are allowed in this room.

I still have stuff to clean up here, but not much.

The fireplace, which is painted cast iron. The top is slate. It has a very cool design. The brass fireplace screen is also cool. (This is in the dining room, btw.)

The room was, we think, the parlor. The bay window is where the conservatory is as well.

Close-up:





And the staircase, which you've seen before, but which I rather like to take pictures of:









The door leads into the dining room, and the typewriter in front of the pillar is my oldest typewriter. Yes, that's an unwound ball of yarn across the floor and the dragon from Shrek with the knight statue. And if you look closely, you can see an early picture of me hanging on the wall.

Comments

Popular Posts