Well, the post I mentioned below obviously didn't get written. I'll write it eventually, but for now, an update.

By Monday evening, I had three things left on my list: juice tomatoes, prepare the 'conservatory' for plants, and start bringing in plants. Despite my best efforts last night, it took me until 8:30pm to juice the tomatoes (I ended up with a gallon and a half of juice out of almost a half bushel of tomatoes, so not bad!) So tonight, I set to work on the conservatory section of the dining room.

Well, a six-foot long pine mantel (I think it's pine, at least) weighs quite a bit, and I wasn't sure if I could manage it on my own. But I managed, and set it up on the two plaster pillars that I had intended to use as its base--and decided I had built an altar to the winter plant god. (I took pictures, but they're really grainy since it's rather dim in the dining room. So better pics tomorrow.)

I've gathered the rest of the plant stands, stole one of the stools from the entry room, and put the hanging shelf up beneath the mantel for more space up off the floor. (The floor there is damaged enough already.) I counted the plants I could bring inside yesterday, so I'm hoping I can fit 28 plants in the conservatory along with the ones that are already there. We'll see.

Tomorrow I'll start bringing them inside. I don't want to wait until the very last minute, because then I'll be out at 10pm trying to remember everything, and that just won't work.

Also tonight I'm wearing my knee brace for the first time in many months, because my knee keeps trying to give out on me, and I don't want that to happen. The brace drives me nuts, but at least it gives a little support. (But it pinches! Ouch!) I'm hoping that if I wear it at night for a few nights the problem will go away (again. Hey, it worked the first time this happened!)

Comments

Popular Posts