Last night--

Mabel and I went to the Animal Blessing at church. She rode just fine in my car (again; she knows the word 'ride', I swear!) and was very good. I think she was the second-heaviest dog in attendance. (There was a St. Bernard there as well, who I think was first, but only just. He wasn't very big.) After the blessing, we went inside and had cookies and ice cream, along with doggie treats. I'm happy to say there weren't any doggie treats left.

She was good. Really and honestly. I didn't have to correct her all that much, and she behaved quite well around the other dogs. She did have to mark her territory quite a bit, though. It was funny to watch.

Although I swear--every time I take her somewhere I just get this impression that she's huge. When she's at home, she just doesn't seem that gigantic. I don't know why.

This morning--

I had to drop Cleo off at the vet's to get spayed. I was running late, and was supposed to get to work by 8:30. I left Bethel at 8:11, and got to work at 8:32. In Eastgate. A seemingly impossible task. I am wondering if it's really quicker to drive to Bethel and down 222 to work instead of 68 to 32. I went home that way tonight, and it took me 50 minutes to get to Georgetown. (I met Mom for supper, so I couldn't really time it right.)

I'm going to work at some alternate routes to find the best (and least traffic-y one.)

I love, love, love my cubicle. It feels like an office. Seriously. Very nice and quiet and private in the back. There's a window between my cubicle and the next one over, and I managed to unpack and sort all my stuff in about an hour. Plenty of room to work, and plenty of storage. I feel happy about going in to the office now. Really! (Weird, I know.)

Anyway, Cleo's coming home tomorrow (the house is far too quiet--I guess I've gotten used to cats chasing each other up and down the stairs at all hours of the night) and she has to spend the next 14 days in my room, I guess, all by herself. *sigh* Of course if Misty can still get through the crack in my door, we might have to rethink that a bit. I had thought to put her in Bekah's room, but that door won't close right because of the shoe thing on the other side. My office? I guess, but it's a mess, and she won't be convalescing very well in a messy office.

We'll see. Anyway, I have to go write some more before I head to bed. (At least I don't have to work until noon tomorrow, so I can sleep in a bit. Joy!)

Comments

Popular Posts