The chili is on, and perfectly seasoned. I love it when the seasoning is just right, sweet as you taste it and then with a kick as you swallow. It is four bean vegetarian chili. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Now I'm going to make Green Tomato Bread, because it sounds good too. It is essentially a spice bread with green tomatoes; I'm sure I could substitute zucchini or squash or whatever I wanted instead of green tomatoes. But since I have green tomatoes, green tomatoes it will be.

My fingers smell like fresh rosemary and basil. Yum.

Vegetarian 4 bean chili recipe:

2 cans red kidney beans
2 cans northern white beans
2 cans black beans
1/2 bag frozen lima beans
1 qt. fresh or frozen tomato juice
1/2 qt. 'leftovers', which are the skins and the tomato seeds from the juicing
leftover rice (about 1/2 cup, for thickening)
about 15 baby carrots, chopped well
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
3 sprigs thyme, chopped
1 sprig basil, chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar

(The following are all "season to your taste")

about 1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp cinammon
a dash of ginger
a dash of garlic powder
anything else that sounds/tastes good to you.

Mix everything together in a large pot, stirring frequently until it boils. Lower the heat and simmer for as long as you need. Definitely makes enough for leftovers!

Comments

Popular Posts