Cleo is back in solitary, after peeing on the rubber mat I placed in front of the litterboxes in the green room. I am not happy at the moment.

Okay, to tell the truth, I'm freaking furious at her. And very frustrated. She peed on the rug under the litterboxes last week, and I cleaned that up and put down the rubber mats, thinking that would help contain the litter. Well, she peed on the rubber mat today and right after I cleaned out the litterboxes.

I think my heartrate is back to normal now, thank goodness. I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof for a few moments, there.

But seriously, though--what's the deal?! I clean them out religiously every other day. She's a sweet cat. I really like her. But at the moment, she is on my shit list.

It's behavioral. After seeing how full the litterboxes were just now, I had already decided to go back to cleaning them once a day.

She scratched Mabel, because of course Mabel had to get involved, but I don't think there was any damage done. I have to check, though. And everyone else is freaked out. Poor Chloe keeps sneaking in here to look at me, even though I've assured her she is not in trouble.

Argh. I did not need to get blindingly furious tonight. Now I need to calm down. Damn, I hate it when I go off the deep end. It's just really frustrating.

Mabel looks to be okay as far as I can tell. She's not acting weird, at least. Her eyes are a bit red, but that usually happens at night anyway. But I will keep my eye on her eyes, just in case that's where Cleo got her.

Cleo has not been harmed, by the way, just in case anyone was wondering. I did throw her butt in the litterbox and yell at her, but damn it, she needs to get it through her head that peeing outside the litterbox is not something I will tolerate--unless there's a medical reason involved (and there isn't.)

She has been fine up until last week, by the way. And this isn't precipated by the change in the litterboxes, either; she peed on the rug the day before I changed it around.

I will keep a log, though, now, and try to figure out if her only trigger is that she doesn't like to go in a litterbox twice. I really would like to keep her here, but if she keeps it up, she'll have to leave. I can't handle this. Peeing outside of the litterboxes is one of my triggers.

(In other, nicer news, Miss Mabel successfully stayed free of her crate all day today with no accidents or problems. Mom took her out halfway through the day, and we even went on a walk this afternoon, since I got home early after picking up my new glasses. I'm going to have to work on repairing my good mood, though; I was in a really good mood up until the pee on the rubber mat incidents. Argh!)

Okay, I'm a bit calmer now. At least I didn't pull the muscle in my arm again (although the middle finger of my right hand hurts now) because that would have really made me mad.

Cats! Argh.

Edit: After perusing my archives (and having my computer crash in the meantime) I saw that she last went into solitary on December 15. So, two months ago. And I think she stayed in the slammer for a week (I didn't post when I let her out, but I will this time.)

Comments

Popular Posts