New Baby in the House...

(crossposted to Livejournal)

I'm a member of about four freecycle lists, and I've found some bargains on them here and there. Most of the stuff that is posted I don't really want to waste the gas to pick up, so I tend not to say I'll take many things.

Last night, a lady on one of the freecycle lists posted the following:

Offer- 18" young ball python snake. We bought this snake believeing it would eat frozen mice...but it would not. He was started on live mice and that is what he wants. We need someone who can take him quickly and feed him.

Well, of course I emailed her right away, offering to take him. I had the 30 gallon aquarium with the lid from Fester--the one Hildy was in before I got her the large chinchilla cage--sitting in my shed, empty. I had quick access to food--there's a little tiny pet store type place right up the road from me. I pass it every day when I go home that way from work.

After a couple of emails, we agreed to meet at the Cuba, OH post office, which is a tiny, tiny town and an equally tiny post office. So I braved the downpour this morning and drove up there to pick him up.

And he is adorable! And he just ate both mice I bought for him (not pinkies, but baby mice) and his cage is all set up except for branches to climb on (it's a bit wet outside.) The little pet store even had the proper bedding--for about 3/4ths the cost at an actual chain pet store. I'm not complaining. (The mice were $1.25 each, which is also great; I was buying them for $1.99 each for Fester.)

I had intended to take a picture, but he was inside his house chowing down. So I'm going to wait until he's out of the box again. So no baby pictures for now.

The lady's son owned him, and named him Vincent. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep his name, but Bekah said it was cute, so I think I will keep it. He'll just have to grow into it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts