Last night it got down to 4 (F) which was the coldest night of the winter yet.

The kitchen only got down to 61 degrees!

Here's why:

I put a fan in the transom window over the dining room. Since that door is closed, and since the dining room is the warmest room in the house (because the dining room has two radiators. The thermostat was once in the dining room. Stupid, I know.), the fan blows all that nice hot air into the entry room, which filters (eventually) into the kitchen.


The nice thing is that this actually works! You could feel a change in temperature in the entry room less than five minutes after I turned on the fan. (Yes, it's tied on. It already fell backwards once, and I didn't want it to do that overnight.)

So, essentially, we have a much cheaper 'heater' circulating the air, and it's a lot nicer, to boot.

On night like last night last winter, the kitchen was a frosty 55 degrees in the morning. So that's a six degree change. Nice!

In other news, I got to 5,103 words by 10:30pm last night when I went to bed. I haven't written yet today, but I intend to; and I did get some cleaning done yesterday as well, or my wordcount would be larger. I am hoping to finish up the prologue today, and then start mushing together what I already have. It should be interesting, at least.

At the moment, Althea's trying to get Michael outside so she can enact her revenge. Mwahaha!

Cleo is out of solitary; after the last three nights of conspiring with Chloe to wake me up at 1am, 4am, and 6am (Chloe meows outside the door. Cleo obliges by scratching on the door. This goes back and forth for hours.), I had enough. And anyway, the heat from the bathroom makes my office a bit warmer (although I doubt it's dipped under 63 in here at all.) So hopefully she behaves and doesn't pee on the rubber mat again. We shall see.

I rearranged a bit in the laundry room yesterday as well, and got rid of some of the clutter. I have a hodgepodge load of laundry to do today as a result. But it already looks a lot nicer in there. Which is the point.

Anyway, I should go get dressed. More later, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular Posts