Well, it's a start. I'm not happy about her nose.

In truth, I think she looks much cuter in real life, and of course she'll look much cuter with a body. :)

It wasn't as difficult to figure out the shape of her face as I had feared--see, I should just do things and not try to analyze them to death!

But I think since I had one failure behind me (I was attempting to make a small crocheted kitten and ended up with something that looked like a cross between a bat and a mouse) I think I needed to work things out myself first. And see pictures of how someone else might do such a thing, and get inspired.

She is all mohair, four different colors (brown (you can't really see it in the picture), cream, orange, and gray-brown.) Since mohair is very irritating to crochet with, just her head took me about two and a half hours last night.

But Firsts always take the longest, and then I get quicker as I make each subsequent one.

She's going to be a standing cat, I think; for some reason I see her with a ribbon in her hair and maybe a stuffed mouse. So that means I need to see if I have any gray yarn, and then figure out a mouse 'doll' as well.

I'm going to have fun crocheting her tail. :)

(Vincent tried to bite me this morning. It was partially my fault, since I startled him and I had just picked up something that may have smelled like food. But I also think he's still hungry. I might go get him another mouse this afternoon. He was out exploring his cage environs still this morning when I took Mabel out to play in the snow (go potty.) No harm done; he struck at me and while I felt that whisper-faint of a snakebite on my finger, I didn't see any sign of it. Feisty little fellow, isn't he?)

Comments

Popular Posts