There are a lot more crocuses now. I noticed them today while shaking out the tablecloth off the front porch, but I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. Maybe tomorrow!

Mom invited the visiting priest at church to my house for dinner tonight. I knew about it Monday, so I could have spent the week cleaning, but there really wasn't all that much to do. We got everything done by 3pm, and now the downstairs is nice and neat. Upstairs isn't bad either, at least my half. I do still have clothes to put away, though.

It wouldn't have taken so long to clean if I hadn't done some things that I've been meaning to do, like clean the stove burner insert thingys and wash all the washable rugs. So it wasn't like I spent five hours just making the house presentable. :)

I made Chicken Parmesan and apple crisp for dessert. Everything tasted good--I doctored up my normal Chicken Parmesan recipe with some ricotta cheese and cottage cheese--and we have lots of leftovers. (Not so much of the apple crisp--I'll eat that for breakfast tomorrow.) Ethan, of course, stole the evening by singing songs from The Nightmare Before Christmas (his new favorite movie) and trying to lick whipped cream off a napkin, among other things.

Luckily, our guest wasn't afraid of snakes, since that's where Vincent is. But the cats (Chloe!) kept trying to get in the dining room, so that was a bit irritating.

Mabel was Very Good. I may have more than one person over yet. She was very excited initially, but she calmed down quickly and didn't try to jump. So in my mind, she was pretty much perfect!

It was a nice evening, and now the house is all cleaned up, so I can spend tomorrow and Monday working on Heart's Desire without a single shred of guilt. Yay!

Surprisingly enough, I did manage to get some writing done in between cooking and washing dishes, etc., today. I don't have a current wordcount at the moment, but I'm just about finished editing the chapter I pasted earlier in the week.

I think Althea's chapter will be next.

(And I have a sinus cold. Only, instead of my nose running all the time, it's running down the back of my throat, which is just irritating, and it's also irritating my throat quite a bit. And my ears are stopped up, so it's like I'm walking around in a fog all the time. Bekah and I have the same cold. We spent today walking around going "Huh?" because neither of us could hear each other. I will probably find that amusing when this stupid cold goes away. Argh!)

Comments

Popular Posts