Every time I reread Sunshine by Robin McKinley, I want to bake something, preferably Cinnamon Rolls. I didn't just finish reading it or anything, but I was cooking in the kitchen anyway today (Mom and Dad are coming for dinner tonight) so I decided I might as well give in to my urge and make something I found in one of my cookbooks a while back--Sweet Potato Pinwheels. Which are, as it turns out, Cinnamon Rolls with a twist.

I had never done something like this before, so it was definitely interesting. And the recipe needed more flour (or less liquid), but they turned out (as you can see) and taste divine. Not necessarily as good as Sunshine's, but hey, a girl can dream.

I also made scalloped potatoes for tonight, using the cheesy creamy sauce I made up the other day. It worked beautifully again (if anyone wants the receipe for a no-fail white sauce, let me know) and in a few minutes here I will pop the potatoes in the oven to bake.

I am in the process of sewing the arms and legs for my newest doll. She's kind of a belly dancer, I guess, or a gypsy, or something. She seems to have a kind of all-knowing look on her face (at least to me.)

Unfortunately, I keep taking pictures of her and they keep not turning out very well, so pics are going to have to wait for a bit. Maybe I'll actually get her finished tonight before it gets dark. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts