Yard sale weekend! After filling up the back of my car this morning (I'm not kidding) for $10, I rode my bike around town for 2 1/2 hours to visit the rest of the yard sales. I didn't get much this afternoon (some old bottles and a really deep bundt pan (I think that's what they're called) but this morning, I hit paydirt.

AND I BEAT THE DEALERS! HAHAHAHA!

I had just filled up my gas can for the lawnmower when I decided to drive by/stop at a couple of yard sales on my way home. So I drove down a side street, saw a treadle sewing machine base, and had to turn around and stop.

Of course. Yes, I did buy another sewing machine. But a friend of Dad's had just asked me to keep an eye out for a Singer treadle sewing machine (without the base) because he had just refinished one that he needed a sewing machine for. The sewing machine was only $5 anyway.

That was a bargain, but it wasn't the real bargain. (As you can see, Mabel is not impressed.)

The real bargain was my new bathroom sink-to-be, which will replace the ugly pink one that is now dripping (I tried to stop it last night without any luck at all.)

The real bargain was this:

I am usually against doing this to poor, defenseless antiques. However, it's cute, and in all honesty, I really like it. And it's a great idea, because what if you do have a base without a sewing machine that you want to do something with? The hole is already there, after all!

As you can see, I have the other drawers that I can put back on it, and if I ever did want to replace the sewing machine, I could. But it's sooooo cute! (Ack! I have been assimilated in the cuteness!)

So anyway, I drove past it and had to turn around. When I parked and jumped out of my car, I immediately thought the price tag was the wrong one, because there was no way in hell someone would sell this for what was on it. So I asked, and just as I asked, two dealers approached, also looking at the sewing machine and the base.

Well, the people told me it was the right price. I said very quickly that I would take it.

And that is how I ended up with a new bathroom sink for a whole $1.00. :)

I think it's oak, so it will match the nice little oak cabinet I got for the bathroom at Burlington last year.

(I also bought two rugs and two tins from the same yard sale. Filled up the back of my car!)

I still can't believe they only wanted $1.00 for it. The lady said it had been in her bathroom for years, but they had remodeled. It's in really good shape.

I am so happy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts