Well, it's almost full-time sandal weather, where I get to retire my socks for the season (yay!) No more boots! Bare feet! Yippee! (Although it's a bit nippy for sandals this morning, since it's only 40-something outside. And this after getting up to 75 yesterday. Argh.)

This means, of course, that the Black Shoe Saga is rearing its ugly head again. Only it's the Black Sandal Saga this time.

I have two pairs of black sandals. One is from Eddie Bauer, the other from Simple. The Simple ones are more comfortable than the Eddie Bauer ones, but they aren't as comfortable as my poor old Earth Shoes.

And I would really like to have a pair of black sandals that I could wear pretty much constantly (like I do my Earth shoes.)

Of course, given the closeout nature of Sierra Trading Post, I just went to order a pair of black sandals I liked and they were already gone. *sigh*

I like my sandals to be big. They have to fit with socks, if needed, and they can't pinch my feet. I have to be able to walk miles in my sandals without any trouble at all. It is very hard for me to find a suitable pair. Argh.

So after browsing a bit, I ordered these (in black) and these (in the color shown) to try out. I can always return them if they don't fit--one of the nicer things about Sierra Trading Post. Unfortunately, the black ones might be too large--it depends. I've bought Merrell shoes before and they were way too big, but they were also women's. So we'll see.

In other news, Carrion was 9,528 words when I stopped last night. With no real sight of the ending (although I do know (or think I know) what happens) so I'm not sure how long it will really be.

EDIT: Yes, I know they are men's shoes. I happen to like men's shoes. Most of the shoes that I own that I like are for men. Men's shoes are wider and more comfortable for my big feet, and I don't and never will wear heels. :)

Comments

Popular Posts