The garden has been tilled. Now all I have to do is wait until it rains, and then I get to till it again! Ha! (It should go better the second time around, though. No more sod to cut through.)

I will say that I am a Mantis fan now, especially since the garden looks really nice. I will take some pics of what I've been doing outside tomorrow. I promise. :)

So that means I can concentrate on other things (I got the other flowerbed 1/3 of the way cleaned out today as well, uncovering about 14 more rocks and I also made another path through the little garden, too) like planting my carrot seed (not done yet, tomorrow, I hope) and watching for my peas to sprout. I have grass to mow and the little flowerbed by the well to do something with as well.

All the seeds I planted are up.

I think I might run the tiller in front of the porch where I put the sunflowers last year and plant all my sunflower seeds, too.

And Ethan says he wants his own garden, so I'm planning to make him a little 5' x 5' (or smaller) square in front as well. He wants to plant a tomato, carrots, and "some pretty flowers."

I think I am going to do the little section off the back of the big garden--the space is there, and I could use that as the herb garden for what I have as seedlings at the moment. That way they would all be together.

The surprising thing is that I didn't hit any roots at all, so I'm not sure what I hit the first time with the edger. I was happy about that, though! Definitely. :)

This evening, I went to Mom and Dad's, where I cut the branches off a bunch of bamboo for tomato stakes and trellises for the viney cucumbers and gourds. Another productive weekend. I like those. A lot.

Now I'm sewing. I still have to put away my clean clothes before I head to bed, so I should probably get that done as well.

Comments

Popular Posts