The most boring part (okay, the only boring part) about making my dolls is the interior bits. See, each doll really has two sets of pattern pieces--one for the inside and one for the outside. I wouldn't, for example, stuff plain cashmere, because it would stretch and look stupid. So I make an interior body, and the cashmere is the outside skin. Does that make sense?

So anyway, the boring part is sewing the interior body. I was doing this as needed before (meaning I'd sew the arms when I was working on the arms, etc.) but with Eilis, I sewed the interior body all together before I even started to make her. And you know what? Her construction went much faster, which made me happy.

So I'm on my last arm of the interior body of Monday's doll (who will probably not be the one below, since I forgot and did a girl's body instead of a boy's) and then I can start making her. (Okay, since I really want to make the one below, I think what I might do is make two dolls, but we'll see. I have a lot of stuff to do today already, like clean and work outside.)

And HD is 56,446 at the moment. Not as much these last two days, but I'm planning on writing as much as I can this weekend. (Which is only two days--I have to work Monday. *sigh*)

Comments

Popular Posts