I need to replace my ceiling fan. Yes, that same one as last year that wasn't working right and that Dad got working after some fiddling.

I am still unable, however, to find one like it that is big enough! Sure, there are plenty of little schoolhouse style ceiling fans (I would prefer to use the old handpainted shade I picked up at Goodwill) but the larger ones (mine is a 49" one) don't seem to exist.

So I thought, perhaps, that I might find another type of ceiling fan that will do, and so for the past hour I've been browsing the Fanworks Outlet, which actually has quite a few very cool (and expensive) fans. Click on the links for examples. I also discovered the Woolen Mill Fan Company, which I think would be very, very, very cool to have in my kitchen, however my kitchen ceiling fan needs a light, since there aren't any other lights overhead in the kitchen. (And at the moment we're using the lamp from the entry room as the sole kitchen light. Ugh!)

After much deliberation, and the awareness that the amount of wood and copper in my kitchen at the moment would be a very good point to go on, I decided that I rather liked this one. It is a bit larger than the one there now, but it's shorter, too, and also takes normal lightbulbs (I would put a flourescent in, so that was a definite prerequisite. (They don't seem to make 49" ceiling fans anymore either, and I definitely don't want a smaller one at all.)

But after (badly) photoshopping a picture of the one I like, I'm not sure it will fit in all that well after all. :( Argh!

(Yes, my photoshop skills are lacking. But you get the idea, right?)

Hmm. (Other definites were not white, which eliminates a lot, only one light, and not brass, which eliminates practically everything.) I don't know. What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts