Today I...

--Painted the last wall of the kitchen. Second coat will go on tomorrow.

--Tilled a portion of the garden and planted the lima beans. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I will till the rest and plant the butternut squash and the zucchini.

--Posted Emily the Unicorn on my Etsy shop, and hashed out the particulars for my sister's unicorn.

--Bought wallpaper paste stuff that is intended to go overtop of vinyl wallpaper, which is what I have. So we'll see if it works. I will do that tomorrow as well, and post pics.

--Turned on the air conditioner, because it was 85 in the kitchen and very, very humid. I kept the Green Room at 78 degrees, which was fine, however the good part was that I was able to eliminate a lot of the humidity, so even though the kitchen stayed in the mid-80s, it didn't feel like it at all.

--Drank almost a gallon of tea. (Hey--tilling in 88 degree weather is hard work!)

--Saw my outdoor thermometer get up to 96 degrees. Yikes.

--mulched the sweet potatoes, the rest of the tomatoes, the peas, and some of the perrenials in the other garden. Determined that the carrots were washed away by the rain. Decided to put peppers there instead, which will work--there's plenty of room for four peppers.

--Also determined that a 20' x 20' garden is plenty for me. I'm going to have a huge space for the cucumber and squash vines to spread out, although there will be trellises too.

--Managed to wrestle a whole bale of straw into the back of my car without the strings breaking! Yay!


Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut. I am also going to work on the custom doll and Thursday's doll. And make another unicorn, I think. Just because. I'm on vacation, after all. :)

I am also going to Mom and Dad's to get more bamboo for the trellises, more straw, and I think that's it. We'll see.

Now I have to go clean out the litterboxes and write a bit before I head to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts