It's supposed to be 90 today. And 91 tomorrow. It is still May, last time I checked. What's up with that?!?!?!!!

It looks like there will be a front coming through on Monday night--possible rain, but also a bit cooler temperatures the rest of the week. Which is fine. I don't care if it rains during my vacation. Nope, not at all. But 90 in May is way too hot, in my opinion!

Yesterday wasn't so bad. It did get up to 80 in the kitchen, but that was only after I used the oven. The only thing I'm going to use the oven for today is to bake brownies, but I might wait until much later this evening to do that. Which is fine.

I also have to use up about a half gallon of milk, which probably means creamy potato soup or something. I will have to find a recipe.

I am working on tomorrow's doll this morning. I have her arms and legs left to do (that always seems to happen, doesn't it?)

But anyway, she's cute. My second witch, Minerva.

Yes, she is wearing glasses. :) They were... let's just say interesting to make. She is a studious witch. She might even be a librarian. I haven't decided yet.

I should easily be done with her by early afternoon, and I will post pictures.

And since it's going to be so hot these next two days, I might make another one for tomorrow; we'll see.

Last night I stopped at one of the plant places on my way home from Mom and Dad's. I passed up the one I wanted to stop at for some reason--I swear I didn't even see it--so I stopped at the other one (the one that I got all the cool herbs from last year.) They really didn't have any cool herbs this year (last year I got St. John's Wort and Rue, for example, both of which are doing great (the rue is blooming), but they did have lots of Gebera Daisies and all sorts of other cool things.

I ended up with two Gebera Daisies for my hanging baskets (I tried to overwinter two but only one made it through the winter. It's now in a pot) and a beautiful Delphinium. I have to get some Delphinium seeds, I think. They are lovely, lovely flowers. (And the nice thing about the one I picked out is that it has two plants in two different colors, too!) Yay!

And I've decided to get my hair cut on Wednesday instead of getting a perm. In the summertime, I tend to wear my hair up anyway, so it really doesn't make sense to get another perm. So I'm going to go with short hair for the summer and see how that works out.

Now I get to go water my plants. :)

Comments

Popular Posts