I ordered my seeds today, from Seeds of Change because I checked a couple of other places and they were actually cheaper. Which surprised me! I'm still going to have to buy a small amount locally, and this year, darn it, I'm going to save seeds so I don't have to buy as many next year. Like lettuce. I let it go to seed last year, but didn't get to save any seeds.

I was outside a bit today after it stopped raining, and I started pulling up the sunflower stalks. I didn't get very far, but I'll try to do more tomorrow. My goal is to have the garden nice and neat by the end of my weekend, which is Monday. (The big garden. I still have to do the flowerbed/garden and the back garden and flowerbed.)

I did order some interesting stuff, like quinoa, kale, and garden cress (yay!) So we'll see how that goes.

I didn't order potatoes from Seeds of Change. One of these years I may, but I'll stick with whatever I can find locally this year, like last year. Last year I grew Yukon Gold potatoes, which grew very well. This year, who knows? I'd like to have white and red potatoes, but we'll see.

I moved the rug to kill off another patch of grass, and I'm almost to the forsynthia now. The only part that remains is between the forsynthia and the spruce tree, and then behind it if I decide to go that far. We'll see about that, though. (The idea is for the vines to have enough room to spread out. Like the winter squash and maybe a pumpkin or two. They didn't have enough room last year.)

I'm going to have to rework my plan of the garden again, though, because I'm going to chop up my bean rows, since I did buy two bush beans. *sigh* Hey, they looked good.

Comments

Popular Posts