I should mow my grass, since it's growing like a weed (well, isn't it?) but I refuse to mow my grass in March. I know it's the last day in March, but sheesh. It's supposed to be cold next week anyway, so it's not going to grow much. At least that's my excuse.

So instead of working outside today, I am cleaning, and trying to imagine the way I really want my kitchen to be. Functional. Comfortable. Organized. (That pretty much sums up my hope for the whole house, really.) I haven't moved a lot of things around yet, but I'm working on getting it a bit more in order. Since I've been working on the kitchen for weeks on end, it would be nice to get it done.

Yes, I've been reading too much Discardia. :)

So far, I have a huge bag of magazines, newspapers, paper, cereal boxes and the like. I've cleaned out the mailbox where we're supposed to put the mail, I cleaned off my little desk in the entry room, and I've cleaned up a couple of other places there as well, and listening to Public Radio as I go along. So I've been busy.

It looks like I'll be taking off Memorial Day week. At the moment, I don't have a thing planned, other than to finish the wallpaper in the kitchen, which will (seriously) take about an hour at the most. Hopefully I can get the house fairly organized by then, so I really can have a relaxing week off where I do what I want to do, like write and garden and just relax. But we'll see. :)

(In truth, cleaning is relaxing, because I'm doing it at home and things look nicer once I'm done. If that makes sense.)

Comments

Popular Posts