Well, I hopefully have a line on a manual for the pressure cooker. We'll see how it works out; I really want to use it and see how it works! (I'm going to get a pressure cooker cookbook from ebay, probably; there are quite a few out there.)

I am making sweet potato bread and vegetable soup from scratch for supper tonight--the bread recipe is from one of the cookbooks I bought at the auction Saturday, a big book of bread machine recipes. It's actually six cookbooks in one, or so it says. This recipe is interesting; it calls for 1/3 cup shredded potato--uncooked. I substituted 1/3 cup shredded sweet potato instead, because it looks pretty to have those orange bits in there. :)

My three auctions I managed to post on Saturday have paid for all the cookbooks I bought, which was about 18. So that's cool.

Other than that, I did get the sewing machine working, except for one little piece that needs more time. It's unfrozen, though, and I think I actually have the proper size needles already. Evidently, unless I'm mistaken, this sewing machine has no bobbin. I'm not quite sure how it works, but I'm going to try it out soon enough and see. It should be interesting, at least.

Oh, and speaking of sweet potatoes, my sweet potatoes are rock hard still. No sign of rotting, or shriveling up, or sprouting, or softening, or anything. ROCK hard, I say. Whoever said that sweet potatoes don't keep as long as regular potatoes definitely didn't know what they were talking about. Or else I have the optimum conditions for keeping sweet potatoes. After all, my kitchen is the one that produced the dried hubbard squash, so I guess that could very well be. If regular potatoes lasted this long, I'd be very, very pleased.

Comments

Popular Posts