I started out cleaning the entry room, then after tripping over the kitchen center one too many times, decided once and for all that it really doesn't have to be in the kitchen, taking up space. So I moved it to Ethan's playroom (aka the Green Room) and swept half the cat hair off the rug.

The problem with the Green Room is that it becomes a catch-all for stuff that never gets put away. Hence, Ethan ends up playing in the Living Room, which is not a bad thing, but not a good thing, either, because the mess spills into that room then.

So I piled the stuff (I did tell Bekah I was doing this--I called her, at least) that needs to be gone through and put away, and I moved the kitchen center into the Green Room along with the three drawered thingy she bought a while back to put all the food in for it, since our other attempt at play food organization was to put it in an open set of shelves where it gathered cat hair and dog hair until it was really nasty.

This way, it's not sticking out into the kitchen doorway. This way, it's not irritating me. This way, it's in the toyroom instead of the kitchen, and he can always just go get the food if he wants to play with it.

See, most of the mess isn't mine. So I'm going to try to organize it a bit better so we don't have any excuses why things can't be put where they belong. We'll see how it works.

(This actually all started when someone peed on Mabel's pillow again yesterday morning. I am betting that it was Mabel, since she hadn't peed the night before, and since the Nature's Miracle stuff for cat pee didn't even come close to cutting it. (Oddly enough, Method Grapefruit cleaner at least made it gone to my nose.) It has taken me two days to get the pillow in order again, and I kind of decided to rearrange things as I went. In fact, Mabel's pillow would look great right where the kitchen center was. Hmm. It's a bit large, but hey, it would work! Hmm!) What I would like to do is get a table or something to put there (My ultimate goal is a comfy chair to sit in while I'm waiting for something to cook that I need to check on often. And I actually saw a perfect chair at Goodwill last night, but it has a broken leg. :( So anyway, there's the background.)

Comments

Popular Posts