BATS!

Or, rather, one bat. In my living room. Yikes. I did not need that tonight.

I am 98.9% certain that no one got bit, although Chloe the Paw who can snatch flies out of the air like the guy on the Karate Kid is the one who knocked it out of the air, I think.

I am 97.6% certain that it flew in with me while I was watering, and that it was only in the house for about 45 seconds before Chloe brought it down. I definitely would have noticed otherwise; they are destructive enough when the flying objects are bugs vs. bats, and I can't see them being so quiet. EVER. Because I vaguely remember seeing some sort of flash--a wing, probably--as I walked back into the house. Yikes!

Comments

oh yikes! i remember one summer when we lived in italy, a bat flew into my room late at night while i was reading... i was like, 13. scared me to DEATH!!! lol
Jennifer said…
My parents' house would host a bat every once in a while, so I'm not totally freaked out. But that was the first bat in three years in my house. I've never had bat issues before.

Popular Posts