I think it's crafting time.

Crafting time is a bit early this year, but I don't really mind; maybe I won't be so rushed come October/early November. Every year around this time I start to think about the craft shows, and what kinds of crafts I need to make, and how much time it will take to make them.

I'm only doing two shows this year; the normal ones. I'm not setting up anywhere else, and also--if I do almost sell out at the first show again, I'm not spending my entire week of vacation up in my office making stuff for the next show.

Hopefully I can make that rule stick, because I really got burned out last year. But the urge is returning, probably because I've spent some time lately looking at other people's neat craftings, and getting the urge to make my own.

I discovered this afternoon that my loom--which I haven't used since I made the half a sash that was never quite finished--makes a wonderful beading loom, nice and sturdy, where I can string and knot beads to my heart's content, and rest my feet on the bottom ledge. Above is a rather dark detail of the necklace I made today; cobalt blue all around, of course. I am seriously thinking about making a character series of necklaces--can you imagine what Gabriel's necklace would look like? I get chills just thinking about it. (Moonstone, labradorite, silver, maybe an opal or two, on grey knotted silk... mmm. It might take a bit to get the proper supplies for that one.)

Today's necklace was made for Eluned, whose name was then changed to Skade in the Shadows trilogy. I'll try to get a better picture of the whole thing tomorrow.

This also means that cleaning up my office has now become a priority, since I do need some space to work and store the stuff I make.

Usually I don't start this until fall is really in the air, but oh well. Better early than late, especially when it comes to preparing for the craft shows. And I need to open up my Etsy shop again, too.

Comments

Popular Posts